Introduction

Hello, Salaam, Privet, we are Olivier, Gregoire and Ana, and this page is nothing more than our experiences cycling in Uzbekistan. The goal was simple, going from Bukhara to Tashkent cycling and to see and fell a small stretch of the popular and legendary Silk Road. If still you have curiosity about what we can offer, please, you are welcome. As-salaam-alaykum.

Map of the Route



Why Uzbekistan?
The idea of traveling to Uzbekistan was initiated by a spontaneous interest on the city of Samarkand, it is curious because his name appeared in my mind for a long time, but I was unable to locate it on a map, even why it was there or where come from. Later on, a book by Gabriel Pernau named China by bike, remind me the interest towards Samarkand and made me give triggering and the determination to do two things: make a trip by bicycle and the chosen for such adventure will be Uzbekistan . I commented to several friends and at the end two persons decided to join the trip, Gregoire Allot and Ana Mir.


Why by Bike?
Many years ago I met a basque person on the border area of Brazil with Argentina, the intrepid traveller was doing a bicycle trip from Mexico to reach Buenos Aires. That person and their experiences shocked me deeply and always it left in my mind the curiousity to perform at some point in my life a trip by bike. For this kind of experience Uzbekistan seemed perfect, perfect because the Silk Road, the bike seemed to emulate in a similar manner to those caravans, I was able to visit the leyend Samarkand and finally, the route will took place on flat, and that was very important, because aside Ana, myself and Gregoire are not great cyclists.

Index
Stage 1: Bukhara - Guzhduvan
Stage 2: Guzhduvan - Navoy
Stage 3: Navoy - Kattaburgan
Stage 4: Kattaburgan - Samarcanda
Stage 5: Samarcanda - Jizzax
Stage 6: Jizzax - Gulistan
Stage 7: Gulistan - Tashkent
Recomendacions & Observacions
Conclusion